- Facing away from the road: Straight Hit - 95 Meters
- Facing towards the road: Right handed hook - 80 Meters
- Facing away from the road: Tom Isom's extra Cover drive - 100 Meters
- Indoor nets on Sundays at 5pm at the Downs School Wraxall.
- Sunday 10th April - With the help of Nat West Cricket Force we are spending time preparing the ground for the new season.
- Thursday 21st April - Club Dinner
- Saturday 24th v Gordano - First Game of the season
- 2011 League season begins for all league teams. Fixtures can be found on the fixtures page.
The Cricket Field
Fortunate indeed this field;
It’s destiny is not to yield
A harvest made with wheat and corn
From rutting plough or harrow born,
But cleared of lump & stump & thicket
Is set aside for playing cricket.
In winter gentle sheep may graze
Preserving turf for summer days,
A picket fence thrown round the square
Should hoof or human trespass there.
Some say we should share, use the land
Clearly, they don’t understand.
This field shall always take its name
Only from England’s noblest game.
Despite its level disposition
And most favourable condition
Hockey posts shall not be found,
This is no recreation ground.
Four generations, maybe more,
Since long before the first World War,
Cricketers long gone, & some
Who play today, & those to come,
All sow unmixed the seeds of cricket
And harvest only run & wicket.
By Arthur Salway